- 1 lb extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp NOJO Sesame Sauce
- 2-3 tbsp corn flour , add more if needed to coat
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/2 red bell pepper feel free to use other veggies of choice
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- Water to cook down beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chili sauce optional for spice
- Dry the tofu and cut into cubes. I wrap the tofu in towels and place a plate on top of it until excess liquid is absorbed by the towels. You can also opt to use a tofu press.
- In a shallow plate or bowl, mix the cornstarch and salt. Coat the tofu well in the mix.
- In a pan, heat around 2 tbsp of oil and then fry the tofu cubes until crisp and golden. You will need to turn around the tofu cubes to evenly crisp them.
- Take out the tofu and set aside.
- In the same pan add more sesame oil, sauté the onion, ginger, and bell peppers over medium high heat until tender and aromatic.
- Afterwards, add in green beans and cook over medium high heat. Add some water to cook down the beans. Cook for a few minutes until tender and cooked to your liking,
- Mix the sauce again to make sure the cornstarch hasn’t stuck to the bottom. Add in the sauce. Leave to simmer over medium heat while mixing. The sauce will slowly thicken from the corn starch.
- Add in the tofu and coat in the sauce. Leave to cook for 2-3 minutes until the tofu is well coated.
- Taste the tofu and feel free to season with more salt and pepper, to taste. You can also add in some chili sauce, if you'd like.
- Serve the tofu with a bowl of rice and garnish with some scallions, if desired. enjoy while hot
Recipe by thefoodietakesflight