Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4 Calories: 285kcal
Author: Jamie Vespa MS, RD
- 1 (14-oz.) pkg. extra-firm (or super-firm) tofu, drained
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 3 Tbsp. neutral cooking oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets (from 1 medium crown of broccoli)
- Optional garnishes: toasted sesame seeds, sliced green onion
- Cooked rice or rice noodles for serving
- Wrap tofu in a clean kitchen towel and press on all sides to remove as much moisture as possible. Alternatively, you can set something heavy on top (such as a cast iron skillet), and let it press for about 15 to 20 minutes, or even longer for firmer tofu. Slice tofu into bite-sized cubes.
- In a small bowl, pour 2 tbsp of Nojo Teriyaki sauce. In a separate smaller bowl, combine water and corn starch; whisk well to combine. Set both bowls aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of oil in a large skillet (preferably non-stick) over medium-high. Once hot, add tofu cubes to pan. Cook, turning to crisp all sides, until the tofu is golden, about 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer tofu to a large bowl.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to pan, followed by broccoli florets. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Transfer broccoli to the bowl with tofu. Season tofu and broccoli with a pinch of salt.
- Reduce heat to medium, and carefully pour Nojō Teriyaki sauce into pan. Once the sauce is simmering, whisk the corn starch mixture once more and pour it into the sauce. Continue cooking, while stirring continuously, until the sauce is thickened, about 30 seconds. Turn off heat.
- Add tofu and broccoli back to pan, and toss to coat in Nojo Teriyaki sauce. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and green onion, if desired. Serve over rice or rice noodles.